Tax Implications on Family Breakdown, co-written by family law specialist James Pirrie of Family Law in Partnership and tax expert Sofia Thomas, director of Sofia Thomas Ltd, provides answers to the problems commonly encountered in financial remedy cases.
Flow charts, checklists and step-by-step chapters breakdown complex information, and precedent material is included to engage the ‘Part 25’ expert with maximum safety and efficiency.
Tax Implications on Family Breakdown, published by Bloomsbury covers:
- Tax law as at 6 April 2020
- The significant changes to Capital Gains Tax payment and reporting from 2020
- FPR 2010, Part 25 as at Spring 2020.
A few weeks ago Bloomsbury filmed the authors of Tax Implications on Family Breakdown (release date: June 2020) talking about the book, to capture some of their expertise for you.
Sofia and James discussed:
- Why is it so hard for family law practitioners and tax practitioners to work together?
- What’s new on the scene for 2020-2021? – with a focus on CGT changes.
- What’s happening with Stamp Duty and what do family law solicitors need to know?
Find the videos here.
If you are interested in purchasing the book, you can pre-order it now by following this link.
The book is also available to pre-order on Waterstones, here.