Successful Step Parenting
In this episode of the FLiP podcast we discuss the relationship between children and step-parents and how best to manage the introductory of new partners. FLiP Director Elizabeth Hicks and Associate Georgie Jakob lead the conversation on Successful Step Parenting drawing upon their own personal experiences.
Elizabeth and Georgie cover a broad range of issues such as:
- How best to manage the introduction of new partners to your children;
- Understanding your children’s emotions and possible reactions;
- Establishing boundaries;
- How to manage living arrangements;
- Maintaining a relationship with your ex-spouse/partner;
- General top tips on successful step parenting in light of each of their own personal experiences both as a step-parent and having a step parent;
- The legal position.
For further information or advice on any of the topics raised in this podcast, please contact Elizabeth Hicks in the first instance at E: email@example.com or T: 020 7420 5000.
Director Elizabeth Hicks specialises in all areas of family law and has particular expertise in divorce, contested financial remedy cases and asset protection, often involving international aspects. Elizabeth also advises on complicated private Children Act cases and on Pre and Post Marital Agreements. She is an experienced collaborative lawyer. Elizabeth is ranked as a leading family lawyer by all of the key legal directories.